Friday, August 20, 2021

SoOnToe “The Big Dog”

SoOnToe "The Big Dog" 2014-2021 A Wolf Story Chapter 1 field notes time x:xx to protect observation hours. 2014-2018 You bet I live with them in my back yard and have had encounters with my own wolf pack. One time it was real close could of reached out and tapped his head.... And, he could of lunged at my throat if he wanted. I named him the Big Dog or “SoOnToe" Damn wolf was huge and when I unknowingly crept up on him he was,or looked like he was wanting to play with my dog as he was in the prone position laying flat just looking at my flipping out T. Rex barking like hell under our van. The wolf wasn't snarling or snapping he just looked like he had a loving face on, like lets play little fella. . I walked up on them and thought the wolf was a big dog and I began talking to him telling him he better be nice to my dog. After about a couple of minutes, I realized this ain't no dog! Thankfully, I had some home made wine in me! When he finally got up to run he ran by me and just when he was running by me,he did a 180, stood on his hunches, and thought about lunging at me. Maybe, he noticed my 8 lb plastic Irish walking staph in my hand. I could of brushed his teeth. Thank God he gained control and backed out of it. He then turned back around in my yard and we stared at each other for a couple of minutes. Then my nerves got the best of me, and I pointed and told him to go and he lept off like one of Santa’s Reindeer. True Story. That was our first face to face meeting afterwards the mutual howling. The encounter happened because of my dog T-Rex, the little guy was my home security. He would bring rattle snakes into the yard, and those encounters can be many more stories. And yes, he has gotten bit once, the vet saved him the second time I saved him. He passed on this February 2016, 12 years. Got a new pound pup She's in training, yard work. The last meeting that year his pack introduced them selfs to me through howls, this was the last time that year we howled. He was letting me know his pack was leaving heading north for cooler weather in mid May. I granted him sanctuary as long as they behave, and don't mess with my dogs. note: all my dogs are spaded female and it seems like most of my neighbors males come up missing sooner or later, but the spaded females don't. I Wonder about this a lot. Encounters are on going and started in 2014. •Log Entries• Notes: mid-late October 2018, in yard, I was introduced to “Woterria” a younger female with a graceful demeanor with Very fine pelage, speckled beigh and black with more dominate black on top of back. Thought it was a large coyote but it was a wolf. Trotted with an elegant gate. x:xx pm daytime. Perfect camouflage for in the fields. 12-24-2018 x:xx pm was sleeping, woke up from dreaming, work whipped tired from holiday cleanup at work The “Knocking” and Lady bug barking at front door area vicinity awoke me from my nap. I knew something was going on and went out side with my Irish walking stick. Didn’t see anything, but knew something was amiss because Lady was timid and watchful looking at the route of entry they use 1 of 3. Came back out with my “whip prod” And went into the dark of the yard and sounded my dog whistle upon the second attempt the wolf’s started to go off with short multiple greet howls along with my two dogs. And then SoOnToe entered with his authoritative, Beautiful tone of a dominate wolf greet howl that gets your attention immediately. He was positioned at right, rear of the pack, the pack in a rectangular position in the woods with a full December moon illuminating this night. It was beautiful at the right moment to know my friend is alive and well. I knew then he’s still with the pack, and with us, and his family. One more enthusiastic greet back from me to him and his family and I came back into house. The pack sounds like they’ve grown from 6 or 7 to 9-10. God willing everyone behaves and their safety and my two dogs well being. The Pack SoOnToe, alpha male Opal, possible female alpha Woterria female daughter or grand daughter. Shadow, dark as night possibly a son, a silouttte that only visuallizes for a second because its motion causes it to dissapear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home